I heard a great talk by Rick Warren on becoming a person of integrity. He said there are practices of a high character individual:
1. Keep promises-Be on time. Do what you say you will do. Every time.
2. Pay your bills-Live within your means. When you owe something, make it a priority to pay it off.
3. Refuse to gossip-Don’t speak about others in their absence. Don’t participate when others do it.
4. Do your best at work-All the time. Every day.
5. Be real with others. Don’t be fake. Don’t cover up. Be authentic with your words and emotions.
Integrity is the foundation of trust. If you wonder how to build that foundation, Warren’s advice will go a long way toward beginning strongly.